Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Biggest Fundraising and Physical Challenge I have ever undertaken

I have never personally fundraised before for a charity organization. The biggest physical challenge I have done is a half marathon last year (which I regrettably had to be wheelchaired for the last 100m due to a leg cramp). And yet, I have signed up for a fundraising event called Walk Without Borders (by Doctors Without Borders) and challenged myself to walk 350km in 45 days, a distance equivalent to walking from Parksville to Port Hardy.

I thought my goal was realistic enough, but falling behind a few days in a week really adds up! I have to walk more than 10km every weekday and more than 15km every weekend day for the next 9 days. I've never been so committed to a goal before, but perhaps because I have made a point of posting this Challenge on my Facebook I kind of felt responsible to my friends and family to see it through.

I still have to raise $200 more - I gotta think of something quick. If you are reading this - would you consider making a donation?

Your support will mean much to me but will mean the world to those less fortunate. Thank You!

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=2604946&langPref=en-CA

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment